Check here for updates on what Mrs. Regan’s classes are up to with the iPads.
Week of Feb 21 – 25:
Week of Feb 14 – 18:
This week we played and learned using the following applications:
1. Teach Me Kindergarten – the students really enjoyed this application. It works on basic math (addition and subtraction – numbers up to 10), sight words and spelling. It also creates accounts for each child so the levels progress with them. This is the only app that I have paid for so far, $0.99.
2. That Memory Game Valentines Day Edition – as it was Valentine’s Day this week the students had fun working in partners playing this matching game.
3. Couleurs – a French colour vocabulary application
Week of Feb 7 – 11:
This week we used the following applications:
1. Feed Me (French) was perfect for my French Immersion K class. It focused on vocabulary that we have covered already including numbers, shapes, colours and patterns.
2. Dr. Seuss story apps (three different ones) During quiet reading time the students could pick one of these three stories to listen and read along with (we used the free apps, not the paid ones).
Week of Feb 1 – 4:
My classes had a great time this week exploring three different apps. I used doodle buddy to introduce the iPads to the students, introducing the basic navigation and functions. It was a great app for creating simple drawings. I also had the students practicing letter formation with the ABC writing zoo animals app during literacy centre time. They really enjoyed the sounds and features of this free app. The final app that we explored together was Caboose during math center time. It is a basic pattern app. Can’t wait to explore more apps next week with the class. It has been very fun finding different free applications that integrate into our program. (Click on the icons to see a description and some screen shots of these apps)